Studying abroad in Nottingham, England for a year, junior Joseph Schifsky
wires to you LIVE his latest cultural and historical experiences as well as his
deepest thoughts and feelings.

Monday 18 October 2010

Serious Business

It's been a while, but I've finally got to posting another entry and sprucing up the blog a bit, which took more time than it needed to.

An outsider of a peculiarly judgmental nature might not think it, but Nottingham University student life is in full swing. Instead of at least one class per day, I have three lectures and two seminars a week. Students are expected to be reading in the gaps, which is what I have been doing at a refreshingly relaxed rate, (there be change on the horizon, though). The rest of my time is spent winning the board game Settlers of Catan and wearing pillows on my head with my roommates.

I am an adult man.


But it is not all fun and games. I have joined the Ultimate Team, where I go have fun at practice several times a week, and I have also joined the University television station: NUTS, where I play around with cameras and write for and shoot for a comedy sketch show.


In all seriousness, I'm pretty excited and fortunate to be able to get experience in a field that I have often looked at as a prospective career field. The show I will be writing for is called Insert Name Here. It will be a weekly show with themed episodes featuring several one-minute-or-so sketches. I am on a team with about seven other dudes, who all contribute to the writing process, as well as the eventual production, (camerawork, sound, lighting, editing). It is far from high art, and will not be much more than one can see over at CollegeHumor, but damn it, what a cool opportunity.

This upcoming weekend will be our flat's third trip, a short one to Bath. I'll have to let you all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment