Studying abroad in Nottingham, England for a year, junior Joseph Schifsky
wires to you LIVE his latest cultural and historical experiences as well as his
deepest thoughts and feelings.

Monday 6 December 2010

Study Break

It is essay crunch time at the moment, and I am pulling myself away from the tedium of catering my writing and thoughts to carefully cited scholarly articles to bring y'all an update.

This has been me all day, every day, for the last week, except for the fact that I am a man.

I am still a cripple, but can move my knee around a lot more comfortably. In fact, my knee was recently used for dancing (and even sitting!) at my favorite bar in town: Coco Tang.

Here are some choice pictures:

The fabled Absinthe/rum tea-like concoction: Mad Hatter's Tea Party

My drink of choice: The Dirty Cinderella

Me telling everyone how it's 'bout to go down.

A serious, completely candid shot of Aaron, Ben, and I's everyday life.

That was great times.

I also recently saw a pantomime, a fairly unique British show that involves audience participation, cross-dressing, and an occasionally overwhelming amount of cultural references. You can read about it more, here.

I won't be updating the blog for a while, as I will be off soon for my winter break, (in sunny France!). I will likely be writing a post or two in France, but if not, Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment